Prenatal massage is incredible beneficial throughout all trimesters and indicated into the final weeks of pregnancy. A healthier, stress-free pregnancy and you means a healthier, stress-free baby!
Prenatal massage helps to:
- Ease anxieties
- Aid the body in adapting to changes by supporting and nurturing its innate capacities
- Relieve hip or low back pains
- Assist reduction of swelling in the ankles and feet
- Reduce back, shoulder and neck tension
- Soothe and moisturize the skin, muscles, and connective tissues around the abdomen
About your prenatal massage session
- You’ll be positioned on your side, once lying on your belly is no longer comfortable. A whole range of pillows is available to make sure you are always at ease during the session.
- Only safe techniques are used.
- Only scent-free organic oil is used.
- You are kept cool and comfortable.
Learn more about preparing for your massage here.
“Eowyn has magic hands. She also has a loving, calming presence that is priceless, in addition to a very affordable rate. I just had my third prenatal massage and I feel wonderful! Healthy, comfortable, and grateful.”
Aidan K. – New Paltz, NY
Postnatal massage will enable you to:
- better care for you little one(s)
- recover more quickly from pregnancy and birth
- prevent shoulder and neck pain during feedings
- support you in coping with lack of sleep and anxiety
- get back to regular physical activity
Once baby arrives, everything will change, whether this is your first or third child. It’s natural for your self-care to be a lower priority, and it can seem like there is no time for massage.
Even a 30 minute session is enough time for a rejuvenating foot massage or some attention for your neck and shoulders. Ask a friend or family member for help to carve out the opportunity for yourself.
A BIG TIP: schedule a massage for 1 and 2 months post-partum BEFORE the birth. You can always change or cancel the appointment if you need.
You are so much more likely to get a postnatal massage for yourself if you’ve done this ahead of time.